Gatley Teaching School
Engaging in diverse partnerships, within and beyond our local network of schools, enables staff to access and be part of a learning community with a clear sense of direction to impact on achievement for all learners. The Teaching School only acts to further enhance the quality provision within Gatley Primary School, and further adds to the school's ‘outstanding’ status.
Through access to additional central funding, the Teaching School offers a significant amount of CPD opportunities to both Gatley Primary School and beyond. This positively impacts on teaching and learning and enables us to grow our future teachers and leaders. It does this through:
- the empowerment of both children and staff.
- collaborative working and the sharing of best practice
- research and development to maintain leading edge thinking and methodologies
- the promotion of a learner led approach.
For more information regarding opportunities provided by the Teaching School, please contact us via email.
Purpose and Values
The Teaching School, along with its alliance partners, engages with the broader educational agenda within:
- Initial Teacher Training
- Succession Planning
- Continuing Professional Development
- School to School Support Work
- Research and Development
Working directly with the Empower Schools Alliance, the teaching school is clear about its sense of purpose and direction, and holds the following values central to the work it undertakes:
- E – Enabling improved outcomes for children and staff through collaboration and the sharing of best practice
- M – Maintaining leading edge thinking and methodologies through research and development to provide benefits for all
- P – Promoting an innovative, learner-led approach to the curriculum
- O – Outstanding teaching and learning delivered through knowledge, innovation and commitment
- W – Willing to learn, in order to raise standards and improve outcomes further
- E – Empathetic and supportive, with a forward-thinking approach to education
- R – Responsive to the management of change, both now and in future.
Gatley Teaching School
Empower Schools Alliance
The Empower Schools Alliance is a group of primary and secondary schools who work together to drive initiatives which raise teaching and learning standards.
Teaching School Partners
Greater Manchester Learning Partnership
Gatley Teaching School works collaboratively with the Greater Manchester Learning Partnership (GMLP). GMLP's objective is to bring all parts of the education sector across Greater Manchester together. The GMLP is made up of representatives of each of the key groups charged with school improvement across Greater Manchester, which includes Gatley Teaching school who work directly with the Department for Education to provide services to schools including school improvement, Continuing Professional Development and Initial Teacher Training.
We partner with the GM LLE Collaborative to increase the leadership capacity of other schools to help raise standards. This is one part of the government’s plan to give schools a central role in developing a self-improving and sustainable school-led system. The majority of the work of a local leader of education is one-to-one support of another headteacher.
The Teaching School Council (TSC) is developing, improving and changing education in English Schools through a self-improving school-led system, so that all children attend a good school or better. The National Teaching School Council is supported by the NW Teaching School Council, to deliver its plans across the North West. It takes full note of Government Policy and the key priorities set out by the TSC.
Click here to access more information about GMLP and GM LLE Collaborative.
To visit our website, please click on the teaching school logo